Jake is 31 today! We have been married 8yrs today! Today is a big day - I thought having Jake's bday and our anniversary on the same day would be ridiculous, but it has come to be very fun. We usually spend the first half of the day doing birthday and the second half/evening is anniversary. Today is no different, even being a Tuesday. He showed up about noon, from work...and Anna had cards waiting for him. So, right now we are letting him have his birthday fun - whatever he wants. Come 6 o'clock our neighbors will come over to watch the kids and we will become an anniversary celebrating couple!!!
I love it too, for the next two and a half months Jake is "two" years older then me, well into his thirties while I remain in my twenties ha!
Life at the Lyon household has been quite busy this summer with the kids at camp most of the week and myself going between Bible study, taking care of the house and enjoying being healthy! I am doing well about 5 weeks post op from my tonsiliectomy. The kids are well, Jake is well, I am well. Dr.'s bills can pour in but they do not damper the happiness and thankfullness we feel for having our health! It is blissful!
Anna is in her second round of swim lessons and making progress steadily, today I have a big promise of going all the way under, rather then just her head, because she has her goggles now like her "friends". Aeriel goggles of course, have I mentioned how obsessed she is with the Disney Princesses? Oh and Bo, is all about CARS, the movie. He sees Lighting McQueen and yells CARS!!! He wants to eat with Cars plates, dry off with Cars towel, wear Car shoes and sleep in the Pj's. My kids just crack me up with their "love" of Disney!
It is humid here, really humid and has been raining almost every day at least a little for like a month! The temp is down but with the humidity you just sweat. We are only about 3 inches below our annual average and it is just June! That is a lot of water. Needless to say it is goregous here, GREEN GREEN GREEN!
I just wanted to post and say that we are happier and healthier then we have been in a long time. God is so good. He has blessed us beyond measure.
We look forward to a family vacation in July to Idaho to see my family and the arrival of Jake's parents to the "Lake"....they are moving from Western OK 4hrs away to Lake Eufala about 1hr 15min. I forsee wave runners and lots of lake time in our future as their offer on a house five lots from the lake was accepted!
Here's to 8 years of crazy, chaotic, most wonderfully, unimagineable bliss. And a happy 31st bday to my older and wiser husband :)
Rachel and Tammy....I MISS YOU!!!! I hope the Rockies are treating you both well. Jake says we will join you some day, maybe not toooooooooooo far in the future!!
My New Language
6 years ago







3 comments:
Do Rachel and I fight for you guys then??? Welcome to SLC! We are enjoying it here, even though we have had a few minor bumps in the road. We miss Tulsa-alot and all our dear friends. Congrats on 8yrs-tell your hubby congrats too! Lov Tam
I am so happy to hear things are going well! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Jake!
What a happy day that must've been! How fun that you guys were able to get a sitter and everything! Love you guys!!
Miss you too!
Post a Comment