Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Middle of July...


Seriously where has the time gone? I really thought the summer was MONTHS away and now I hear talk of Christmas. Not that I mind, but wow, it just never slows down.
I thought, since I have emails piling up in my inbox, that for some reason I can't seem to reply to, that I would do a mass update via my blog. I know it isn't as personal as getting your email replied to, but it will have to do, for all 2 of you that actually WANT to know what we are up to. HA!

The kiddos - um, shall we say very much 2 and very much 4. Anna is the big sister, no doubt about that. When Bo isn't around she is my mini-me, asking me if we can go to the mall, go to Starbucks (she likes there Chocolate Milk and Apple Juice), wants to help me change the "covers" aka sheets, follows me around with her vacuum and asks when she can color her hair. Yep, you heard that right, and yes I am admitting to coloring the grey's. No shame here.
Anna's most recent accomplishment came about 2 hrs ago when Bo walked up to me and said, "Shake my body" with his little booty sticking straight out, going side to side. I have seen this act many a time from big sister, but it usually is accompanied with "Shaking my bottom". Apparently Bo thought this looked fun and wanted to show us he could do it too. Anna joined in and well, we all four started rolling with laughter. Those kids!
Bo's vocabulary doubles every day, I kid you not. And he has more expression in his tone then I think Anna ever had. He is sooooo animated, it is hilarious. And he gets so confused between saying Mommy and Daddy that 90% of the time we are known as "Mo-ddy". Yes, he will look at me and call me Moddy then ten seconds later look at Jake and call him Moddy, makes sens - part mommy, part daddy. Silly boy.
Anna is loving swim lessons though she is still unsure why swimming incorporates getting ones head wet. She will do everything except put those ears and top of the head under. The teacher throws a ring, instead of diving for it, Anna uses her foot. Sneaky!
She is most excited about the many times she has ridden the school bus this summer - truly the highlight of her life. Doesn't matter what the activity is, if it includes the bus, her day is made! What tragedy that she lives too close to the elementary school to take the bus! I haven't broken that news to her yet.

Jake is busy playing on a golf league with work every Wed. and his latest hobby includes helping a friend from church rebuild his 4wheelers and when they are working, they go riding, break them, then come back and work on them. I guess it is fun? I prefer the air conditioning myself, and being clean, free of dirt, dust and gas fumes.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my surrogate Bible Study this summer at Redeemer with my dear friend Sarah! I have met some amazing ladies and was telling them this morning that when this is over, I will really miss them, since I don't go to church there. Hopefully, we can stay in touch. My "table" was just a wonderful assortment of new faces that I felt so comfortable with. We are almost done with Beth Moore's Psalms of Ascent. It is AMAZING. I think God wrote it just for me, just for this time in my life.....not being arrogant or anything, but really. I think he did :)

I went back to Aspen yesterday to work out, after taking a good 4 mos or so off and trying out the Y. OH MY! It was so good to be back and this sounds lame but it felt like homecoming! I got a hug from my spin, I mean "CYCLING", teacher and I rode for 45 min and left realizing how out of shape I am. But on the most incredible high ever! Look out, I am back!

I am so excited to be heading to Idaho in just two weeks to see ALL my cousins on my mom's side. ALL my aunts and Uncles, my parents, gma, brother, sis in law and even JAKE is coming. It will be fantastic. We are going to celebrate and waterski and soak up the sun and be in GOD's Country for 2 whole weeks. The kids are excited too. I don't think they can get past the airplane ride and seeing Gma and Gdad and Uncle Boo and Aunt Erin..... but really what else is there?

So, that is that.
We are good, we are blessed, we are have the spice of life. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Xavier, Baby Fitzpatrick, pictures of the Murphy's new palacial estate in Colorado, word from the Holms' on when they are due and well, whatever it is that YOU might want to share!

Much love,
K

9 comments:

Jennifer and Anthony said...

Thanks so much for the update! I have really been missing you!!!

Noblekain said...

I love hearing Lyon family updates! I love your family. Don't you think you could squeeze in a little trip to SoCal sometime? :)

I did that Beth Moore study this past spring and woohoo it IS good! I love how she ties all of the Bible together... I forget sometimes that the Old testament plays such huge roles in the new testament. Fascinating and wonderful.

Love you!

~Sarah Fitz
(www.fitzlife.com)

PS. I don't know who or what Noblekain is, that's just who I am today, I guess. Weird.

My Daily Circus said...

great to hear the update Keri! Sounds like the normal rountine of life is creeping back in and you are feeling more energy for it too! So happy for you all! miss you tons!

Grandma/Mom/Karen said...

It feels so good to have you happy and enjoying life again. Grandad and I can hardly wait to see the kids.....it's been 5 months for Grandad and he got a big kick out of talking on the phone with Bo!
See you all very soon!!!Love Grandma aka Mom

Kristi Bowers said...

I am glad I found your blog!
I put you on my list of friends on the side of my blog

Kristi Bowers said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am not sure we are going to make the starbucks date today we had some family come in last minute....but we will when you get back!

Kristi Bowers said...

Deal to the starbucks, have a good trip

Jenni said...

Your kids are SO special to us (of course you and Jake are as well, but you know, the blog was mostly about the kids:>). We LOVE our Annabo! And this week Noah is at music camp and the theme is "David and Goliath" and I told him that Goliath was even taller than Mr. Jake. He couldn't believe that was possible!!!

Kristi Bowers said...

Dave says he remembers your friend...miss you too. SUPER busy this week because of Volleyball starting, you should come watch a game sometime...