Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wake Me When It is Over

I think there are moments in life, currently speaking, that I feel like if I could just go to sleep and someone could just wake me up when the waters settled...I mean really, who wants to wake up every day not knowing where they might live, who might call with a job, what or where God wants to do with you. There is no routine because now is just not the time for that to EVEN remotely be possible. And for a type A like me this is a time I would rather just be somewhere else, asleep and Lord, wake me when I'm "home" wherever that is, the boxes are unpacked (maybe there were no boxes involved. Just tell me when I can establish or get back to my SAHM type of deal.
Then again,

Jake would have missed out on Anna's first day of kindergarten and every day since that he has walked his sweet girl to and fro the bus stop. I would have missed out on having him here, whenever I am here and having him "serve" me in ways I didn't know were possible. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to be challenged to pick up the reigns and say "I will work whenever there are hours", and put aside my SAHM role and let Jake assume a SAHD role. God would not have touched my soul that is crying out for something to fill it and said, "while you are waiting, serve me and I will show you." Jake and I would not be as close, our kids would not have witnessed how you get together in times of distress not "stress". We are doing our best to model security in the ways of HIM not the ways of the world. We are humbly saying we can't and never could do it alone and need HIM, our family and friends to help us through.

So maybe being AWAKE is a blessing (most days), and this too shall pass. And when it does, I can help someone else see that all works together for His good, if we are IN HIM. And he won't leave me even if I do close my eyes for a minute or too, tears are okay and honesty is welcome.

The prayers have been felt and we thank you from all around for sending them up on our behalf. We feel loved, blessed, cherished and proud to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.
Thank you!

3 comments:

sfitz said...

This is a great reminder for me, thank you, so perfectly written. Love you guys!!

Jennifer and Anthony said...

Everything happens for a reason! This is the phrase I always tell myself.
Thinking of you guys!

Aiden and Aleah said...

We love you guys!!!!