Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Last Tuesday with Two

Yep, you got it - next Tuesday, Anna will be in school! She is so excited, I am so excited. I think however, when Bo realizes his playmate is not around he will be sad. He is old enough and has gotten used to "playing" with sister this summer, that having her gone 2 1/2 days a week might just be a little rough. However, I hope to use that time as more special time for just me and him. On Tues. morning we will still have Bible study and he has his friends there, the rest of the time, I will do my best to put other distractions aside and get to really know my son!

So, what has been happening, you ask....?
Well, I found out last week that Sept. is my last month with Emily, and even at that, this is my last full week with her, in Sept. I will have her every Monday, a couple of Wed. and no more Fridays. Her mom has decided to stay home. Can't blame her, but I can be selfish and say I will miss the pretty princess. She is so fun, even though she isn't awake much, when she is, her smile is just precious and her coos and such. I think it is really fun too, to listen to Anna and watch her dote on her, making sure Emily has everything she needs. Let me tell ya, Anna has all the maternal instinct she needs! It comes so naturally.

Bo has learned to be gentle, most of the time, and he says "BAY" for Baby...it is cute. He gives her toys now and then they are even appropriate for her size! We have moved him to a booster chair and I noticed in Anna's photo album that if we follow her timeline, he has two months left in a crib. Can I just say I am so not ready for that. I am NOT NOT NOT ready for him NOT to be in a crib. You can blame this baby stuff on his mommy, he is allowed to keep his paci at nap and bed time until he is 2, and he can sleep in that crib until he is climbing out of it or turns 2. That is just the way it is. My baby is moving into boyhood a little too fast for me.

I am so anxious for life to start - I say that, life never stops and our summer has been full of fun and spontanious things, but for me, miss type A, there is a certain sigh of relief that comes with a schedule of school, regular church programming, etc. etc. If you have known me for any length of time, you know I like life and I like my house and pretty much anything around me to be like that - in order. The good news is, I have learned to not hyperventilate when it is unscheduled, a little messy or out of whack. I roll with the punches a tad better. I don't have to like it, but know one would ever know. I really think, if nothing else, that might be one thing I improved on this summer, with two at home and no real scheduled activities. I didn't have either of them signed up for anything. We managed between play dates, and babysitters and mall play grounds and such....And I think I did okay? Now that it is over, I can admit, I am soooooo excited for a schedule!

That said, back to spin class, which yes, I love, but b/t June, July and most of August I got all anxiety ridden about (no pun intended) and am now taking this laxy butt back, without a partner. As far as my personal weight loss journey before my brother's wedding I weighed less then I had since I got preggers with Anna, I then proceeded to have the TIME of my life at the wedding and following three weeks in July as I vacationed and gained a total of almost 10lbs. I am now 3.8lbs away from pre-Brando wedding and then I will start working on that next 20 that I desperately want to see GONE by the year 2008. I am hoping riding helps kick that into gear a little faster. Like all my puns?

My headaches are under control. I visited my neurologist again last week and we are on the same regimen - still just Topomax and Tylenol for the little pains, no more then 6 per week and Imitrex for migraines. I have had NO Imitrex in probably a month and not even enough Tylenol that I can count, so the Topomax seems to be working. He did put me on a Potassium supplement to help with the tingles I get as a side effect of the drug. Other than that, I wait and see how this all works and go back in Nov.

Knock on wood we are all healthy!

For those of you that are golf fans, we did make it to the PGA Championship - I went with Jake to a practice round, where you can take pictures, get autographs etc. Then Jake was able to spend his millions and go with his dad to Saturday's Championship round. It was so stinkin hot that week here in Tulsa. Unbelievable! But it was the experience of a lifetime and even I had a total blast. For some it might seem scary, but you can't take cell phones in, so our kids were here with our 13yr old bbsitter and we had no cell phone. Her mom was home and was the back up. However, for us it was just plain freeing! No one could bother us! It was great!
I have lots of pictures, if you want to see them, just ask, not everyone is a "fan" so I didn't want to send them out.....

I guess that is it.

I think it is time for a little thankful list and a list of a few things that I have thought about that are my FAVORITE things.
First things first.

Thankful for:

1. My coffee night tonight - reminds me of going out for coffee in high school - to relieve our stress. HAHA! What was I thinking. Now I can call this real stress relief

2. Sunday school class - a true life line

3. The Perry family - good "new" friends

4. My amazing husband, who at the news of losing my job said, "just promise me you will take this new free time and concentrate on you". HUH? Me? Me who? Yep, he said, hobbies, working out - whatever it is that allows me to find myself. Okay God, thank you, I don't deserve him.

5. My brother's guardian angels that took him overseas and back on his first mission and landed safely, as well as bringing our troops home.

6. My relationship with my family, mom/gma/dad/brother/Erin - I have been talking to them, and usually do at least once a week, if not more. I am realizing that is really rare. I always thought it was normal. Guess not - Guess I am lucky - I wouldn't want it any other way.

7. My new couch - it doesn't hurt my back.

8. Bo has learned to give night night kisses and they are too slobbery and cute for words

9. My husband's ice cream scoops

10. The way Anna tells me she left her kisses at home and so I can't have any until we get there. HA!

Favorite things:

1. Hair product: DIRT by Jonathan - it is by far my longest running hair product ever. I have been using it for over a year, short hair, longer hair. I can't live without it.

2. Chi hair straightener - totally worth the money (and yes I have straight hair, but this takes out the random kinks)

3. The Blueberry Cobbler Creamer - I know it sounds nasty but it is soooo good - ask Connie, she'll tell ya.

4. Regulator (it is a brand) clock - favorite b/c my gma always had one (or 10) seems like they have always been everywhere, they all sound hte same. Now I have one and so I feel like I am at gma's house. it is weird I know - but very comfy feeling!

5. Venus (brand) razor - their new disposable ones. You must try them, come in packs of three in bright colors - so fun!

Whew - That is the top of my list for now.
oh Bath and Body works Sugar scrubs (aromatherapy line) - Holy Moly - you must try. Be prepared for an oily tub afterwards but they just make your skin feel awesome and smell good tod.

Ta ta!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thank you for adding me. I love to kid you about Oklahoma. :) Any plans to come out here to visit anytime soon?