This is Anna Rae, she is almost 3 1/2 - she started preschool on Sept. 4 and she is a "big girl". She likes to carry her backpack and her lunch all by herself and is happy to tell her mommy that she does NOT need any help.
Sniff sniff - when did she get so big and independent? I count my blessings. She had a wonderful day yesterday and asked this morning if we were going to school - we weren't, but luckily baby Emily was coming over, so we did not have a breakdown. And now, we get to go to school tomorrow and Friday. Yeehaw!
I am off to TN tomorrow, Nashville to be exact. This is a big deal to me, okay, partially b/c it is Nashville and I have NEVER been there and have been a die hard country music lover since 10th grade...but really it is a big deal b/c more than once satan has tried his darndest to get me to back out. You see, I am going with a group of ladies from my church to the Deeper Still conference with Beth Moore, Priscilla (can't remember her last name), Kay Arthur - and I am a huge Beth Moore and Kay Arthur fan.
I signed up back in Feb. or March WITH two friends.
They backed out sometime in May. I stayed signed up, then found out that we wouldn't be in the audotorium, but live fed across the street. Hmmmm, kind of like watching a DVD??? I tried again to back out and kept getting talked into staying. Mind you at this point I know two names on the list, know their faces but have not spoken to them. As far as I can tell, I am the youngest by about, oh at least 15 yrs. I kind of forgot about it. Figured I could just count my $47 a loss if Sept. 6 came and I decided not to go.
By Monday I was having panic attacks of sorts - or yesterday I guess that was. I am in a room with 1 person I kind of know, there will be a totlal of 4 of us. I am riding in a van with the same 1 person I KIND OF know....going to Nashville...with one day free, I sent an email with ideas of outings to my unknown group of friends, no one responded. AGHHHHHHH. I showed up at Bible study yesterday and said, I don't want to go. I don't . What started out as this awesome trip to see Beth Moore, in Nashville, with friends, on my birthday is turning into a stomach wrenching, anxiety ridden, don't want to do it trip. And they all said, "GO".
Some were honest saying they admitted they couldn't do it themselves but that they knew I should. That it was evident Satan was stepping all over this thing. So, here I sit, procrastinating in packing or anything related to this trip because I am scared out of my mind. I am scared to go "alone"....
But I know I am going. I know I need rejuvenated. I know I need QUIET time with God. I know I have a broken heart that only God can piece back together, and I will not let satan have his way.
So, I am off to TN and I will talk to you when I get back.
(Bo is good, just ornary):) and my mom in law and dad in law are coming to do day time baby sitting TH/Fri while Jake works, and yes I will be 29 on Sat. while in Nashville with my stranger friends! Pray for some peace on my heart please :)
Much love







4 comments:
Oh man, it would be completely un-Beth Moore of me to be jealous, but I am SO jealous! I wish I would've known, i would've tried to be there. I would LOVE to see those ladies! Have a GREAT time, Keri, and I will absolutely be praying for protection over you.
Love you sista!
God will bless you simply because of your heart right now and the knowledge that only HE can piece it back together. I think right where you are is where God wants us. Maybe it's more noticeable because you are going out of town to be out of your comfort zone, but that will place you in full and complete dependence on HIM. Love you desperately and will pray for the grace of God to take over!
You are putting yourself in a great spot. Away with Him and lots of time to listen to what He is saying!Much more time to let Him touch your heart and restore your soul. Putting yourself outside of your comfort zone will allow the untouched places of your life to be open to Him. Hmm how to end this.....GO WITH GOD!!!REally have a blessed trip!
So your Alma Mater is playing my Alma Mater this coming Saturday in Tulsa. Are you going to be there?
Post a Comment