I know some or most of you have seen this via Sarah F.'s blog, or Sarah C.'s (that linked to mine, that linked to the other Sarah's) or even Connie's. But in case you haven't, here it is. Turn up your speakers and watch.
When I watched this the first time, via Sarah F.'s blog I was moved. I admit, not to tears, not enough to post about it...but enough to think on it. Then, this past Sunday our church recreated the drama. The chills came, I choked up and I felt the REALITY of the battle. I felt the HUGENESS of what we face as Christians, every day. At the women's conference I attended a few weeks ago, one point that Beth Moore (I believe) made, was that we have to realize as wonderful and awesome as it is, that moment we accept Christ into our lives we have to be fully aware that at the same moment we are accepting the responsibilty of BATTLE. We are engaging in a life long war, we are going to be in opposition until the end of time. That is just life - where God is, so is the enemy. Wow - how true. God will not leave or forsake us, he will always protect us, but we will face trials and temptation, we will face SATAN and his power in all that we do, constantly trying to take the place of the Lord our God. We must steadfastly feed ourselves with scripture, we must tell Satan to GO - for where the Holy Spirit is living, Satan can not.
Now watch the video again, every aspect of opposition we face tearing us away from Christ, trying to block us, then remember he can and will break through to us, if we just push through to HIM.
My New Language
6 years ago







1 comment:
What I think is cool about it, is that no matter how hard we "try" to get back to Christ...we can't on our own strength. It's Christ who finally breaks through and takes the hits...and covers us. We turn to Him...He does the rest....
Post a Comment