Okay, so I sent this email out to a few people, just a few. Here is a copy of it blank:
Where did we meet:
Take a stab at my middle name:
Do I smoke:
Color of my eyes:
Do I have any siblings:
What's one of my favorite things to do:
What's my favorite type of music:
Am I shy or outgoing:
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules:
Any special talents:
How many children do I have:
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I
would bring:
Okay - so now you fill in the blanks.
Within about 5 minutes, I got 4 replies. I seriously laughed, because all 4 of them are from totally different stages of life. I will tell you who I sent them too, then reveal the answers but not who said what. Sarah F. got one - I've known her all of HER life. Sarah Coffin, we met in college - sorority sister, Katie Jewett - we were neighbors in our first subdivision in Boise and are now friends for life (she lives in MN now and we live in OK, we moved out of Boise the same time, weird huh?) and then Connie, met her at our church here - first person I met..we'll call her my soul sister, so she has knowin me the LEAST amount of time.
All but one new my middle name, everyone knows that I don't smoke and that my eyes are brown. All knew I had a brother and I think 3/4 threw his name in, which means I must talk about him a lot, how embarassing! Just kidding. There was a wide range of answers on favorite things to do ranging from scrapbooking, to hanging with my family, to playing on the computer - I admit that none ranks above the other - although "playing" on the computer makes me feel like a gamer and I am not...playing refers to me blogging etc. so, good job girls. Favorite music - okay no one missed this COUNTRY! Shy or outgoing and follow the rules or rebel. My favorte and most accurate answer is this: Follow the rules (I think you may have been a little rebel back at TU)
That was sooooo right on the money and that came from someone that DID not know me then :) see the stories follow you all over the world. ha!
And most said I start out shy then get to be outgoing, which is how I usually FEEL, so I guess it is how I portray myself too.
Special talents? I got being a mom, skiing (that is my favorite, thanks for the compliment), Did I just dis being a mom? Sorry it wasn't intended to sound like that - either way good answers.
Children answer is a GIMMEE.
And then the Island question. Oh my heavens.
I am so honored that everyone said they thought I would take my Bible. Wow - I am humbled. Then there was something funny added to each.
Something SOOOOOOOo appropriate - i.e. my "blankie", Starbucks complete with baristas (but then I wouldn't be alone), my Tivo - oh so true, and Family (as an entity)
On the blankie note, now it is quite possible that this person was kidding or that this person remembers that I do have a blankie and it might be much to her dismay that this blankie still exists and I still sleep with it. I do not travel with it any longer, but in my MASTER BED it lays. So, parents that tell themselves "he won't go to college with that paci, he won't go to college with the silky" watch out, he just might, and then he will get married and....before you know it that blanket is still in full action baby. My mom got that at a baby shower for me. I have cared for it like really only a girl can. Now my mom might be embarrased that it went to college with me, and frankly who is to blame that the thing never got taken away? However, as credit to her, she raised me with enough confidence that I am A. publishing this and admitting it to the world and B. I have no issues that I went to college, got married, had kids and C. was even asked by my husband to consider giving it to my daughter/using it as a blanket for her and selfishly said HECK NO, it is mine!
HAHAH!
So, there you go, some insight into me.
Thanks gals for your contribution to this blog.
Love ya.
My New Language
6 years ago







3 comments:
Oh I remember the blankie, that was no coincidence! I, myself, still sleep with the same bear I've had since I was five, you may remember him - his name is Bear.
I love this post. It is too cute! It was great to see you.
Ok. Your mother is a little embarrassed tthat we didn't take that blankie away!! I can't believe it's lasted.
See you and Sarah F soon! MOM
Post a Comment