Saturday, November 10, 2007

California, Home - Yep, I went Home

I do have pictures to post - but I haven't put them on the computer and fixed the red eyes and all that. Oh! But I could steal the ones Sarah took. I'll do that.

Sarah and Keri Outside of Wahoo's in Fullerton



Okay, first things first.
This week was a tad crazy - and in the midst of my roller coaster of emotions, I mentioned in passing my trip to CA last weekend, but I gave no details, or shouts out of thanks or what it meant to me, to see the people I saw. And trust me it was an amazing,short, but amazing trip. So, this is what this post is about. And trust me, for a lot of you this could be he longest most boring post EVER!

I flew in to John Wayne late last Friday where my dear friend of 27 years met me, Sarah F. It was such a great experience. As silly as it sounds, apart from our phone calls, blogs and emails, it was our first "adult" adventure. All previos memories involve ALL other members of our immediate families. This time it was me and her - and her little family, Mark, Ben and Addison. I absolutely loved my stay at her house, in her element, her playing hostess, seeing her be the mommy, getting to know Mark. And yes Sarah, the clean sheets were awesome!!! Seriously, it was so fun. I could've used at leas another 2days or so, then my kids could've arrived and I could've stayed a week I think! She might not agree, but thank you Sarah for the insight into what makes you tick these days. It is a far cry from our double bed sharing days talking about jr. high boys and snotty girls. HA! PS I noticed your "house" shoes - straight out of Dan Prince's closet.
The next morning we went to meet the eler Prince's that would be Dan and Judy - and my parents - friends for life. Always a treat, never enough time, but yet we never ever have to take 20minutes getting comfortable at the beginning. It is hi, hug and we suddenly are back where we were the last time we saw each other - makes our time together, though limited, much more productive. Love you two VERY MUCH. Come to find out Dan is a Crown guru. So, I foresee Jake and I using him a lot in he future especially when we want to buy something we shouldn't and need a little SOUND advice!
The day goes on - litte rest for the weary - cruisin around Fullerton, checking out our old house and high school and it is home - you can't take away 18 yrs of "life" but at the same time I have very little left there, so it was very weird - good but weird. Some things have changed beyond recognition and others NEED a little face lift :)
430pm Wedding Time - well actualy 4pm is wedding time, arriving promptly at 4:15pm we realize that my parents apparently had the time wrong in their head....oops, thankfully no bride or groom had been down the aisle yet, so we were safe. How embarassing!
Refresher - Groom is best friend of mine since 7th grade, homecoming date 9th grade - we did not date, we were ski buddies, weekend buddies, did everything together but just friends. People assumed some day it would just happen and we would be in love - sorry folks - never did. Love him wit all my heart, but just in that friend kind of way :) Bride was in my brother's class - happened to be a family friend of the groom's from when they were like 3 years old -they are waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too cutetogether. Wedding was perfect!
So, I did not attend my high school reunion last year. And this my friends was, to me, 100x's better. Don't get me wrong I had "girl friends" but they fluctuated (except for Erica, and this is because she understands as she had her "boys" too).
Anyhow, I had a group of boys, all four years, that were, well my boys. Even when I dated, if I wasn't on a date, then was with my boys. I just liked them, they didn't judge me, they didn't get all emotional on me, they protected me and loved me for me. I look back and these guys, at thiswedding were present all four years and plus. These werethe ones I wanted to see. Mind you I think I liked being the only girl around too. I was a tad protective of them. If they did bring around a girl I might get jealous, not b/c I was interested but well, I had standards for these boys :)
So, Nash, Chris, Eric, Lance, Brendan - I got to hug them, chat with them, catch up with them, meet or seeagain the ladies they have picked and I do approve TOTALLY of all of their women. As catty as it sounds, I am so proud of all of them. Man we laughed and laughed and I just loved seeing where life has brought them. I think the best part, was the hugs. I felt like there it is - the real OLD TIME friendship hugs that mean something, each one boosted me, they were so glad to see me and I felt the same way. I will always care about these "boys" who are the most amazing men now. I wish them the best. And, yes again, the wedding was great.
Sunday - I got to see Erica! The only "girl" in my life that understands the boy thing. haha. I met her little girl and got two much needed hugs from her. It was a huggy weekend but some meant a lot more then others an man did her hugs mean a lot.
I will keep it short - but Erica you are a friend for life - I didn't want to ever doubt it and I won't ever. God will always see us through - I love you immensely. Thanks for the ride to the airport, I hope we can TRAVEL together since I don't think Tulsa is for you and CA isn'tfor Jake, we will just have to CRUISE or Ski. Deal?

So, I think that sums it up.
My thankful list in regards to this trip:
1. My most wonderful hubby keeping the kids without a thought
2. My inlaws, keeping my kids and my hubby without a thought :)
3. My parens helping to get me to CA so I wouldn't miss Brendan's wedding!!!
4. Sarah and Mark for their hospitality and conversation - COME TO TULSA IN FEB!!!!!
5. Erica keeping Sunday morning open for me
6. The opportunity to see my "boys"
7. Jake allowing me to call them my "boys"
8. Being reminded that my roots are my roots and they are good roots
9. Laurie Kennelly's FOOD - it is worth a trip to Fullerton just to taste it!
10. Coming home to the most precious family in the world.

1 comment:

sfitz said...

We didn't have nearly enough time, but it was so fun to talk with you. I forget how easily we talk together, so fun! Yes, stay longer next time and bring the kids, and Jake too if he can stand SoCal long enough. You know Anna will want to do Disneyland at some point in her life... and we'll be here! :) Love you!