I know, this is just nuts, every day and sometimes twice!
This is quick - just to let you know that God hears our prayers (in case there was a doubt).
I woked up to TWO emails from my brother, one a mass email and one a personal one, and then another email from Erin with a little more detail from the PHONE conversation she was able to have with him!!!
Yeah!!! I am so glad they got to talk. He is tired, but safe and busy. He says he feels like he is at the academy again with the regimine (minus the luxuries) - and I don't think he is far enough removed from the days at the academy to appreciate it, it sounded more like a bad nightmare. I think Jake can relate - in terms of football. He literally HATED everything football until he was about 5 years postgrad. Then he was obsessed - as is his current standind :) Had he been thrown back into two a days/ weights/ study hall etc. a mere 2 1/2 years after leaving I know it would not have been good on his head - so that is probably a prayer request, not that Jake and Brandon's situations are the same, but yet in that sense comparable and I can see where that could be rough.
The good and best news is just to know and to hear that he feels safe in the "air" vs. on the ground. Makes me thankful and prayerful for the soldiers risking their lives on the ground. Our God knows each soldier out there though and His arms are big enough to hold them all.
I hope he continues (with the rest) to get good sleep, nutrition, their alotted 2 beers a day (for sanity) and to feel our support from way over here!
God speed ahead. Happy Veteran's day.
My New Language
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment