I know - record postings this week. However, I guess I have a lot inside to say and I am not going to let some silly excuses keep me from writing, my greatest escape. Now what follows is not my writing and I didn't even ask for permission to post it. But, I know Erin and I know she won't care, I'll ask permission later. I couldn't have written something like this any better so read on people, read on - received from sister in law today, Nov. 10.
Hello Friends and Family,
This morning I received an e-mail from my mother in law about a song that was refused to be released to the Public. The song is titled "In God We Still Trust" and it is sung by the country group Diamond Rio. You can listen to the words at the link below, or as visual I have copied them for you. :-)
Again, I apologize for the lengthy e-mail, but I would just like to make a personal point. About a month ago I purchased a Venti Non-Fat White Chocolate Mocha Latte (I had to throw that in there!) from a local Starbucks store on my way to work. As many of you know, just because you get up early to add a little extra time to treat yourself to a nice, warm, flavorful cup of coffee doesn't mean you get to enjoy it when you actually get to work and work takes over the satisfaction of a Venti Non-Fat White Chocolate Mocha Latte. SO, I set my coffee on my desk, got busy, the bell rang, the kids came, the kids came, the kids came, and so on. I finally get to snack time, reheat my Friday morning luxury and as I am sitting in the very rare silence of my students eating donuts (don't worry, it was a "special" snack), I proceed to actually read what is on my coffee cup. Now, mind you, until this very moment I have kept my coffee cup sitting on the kitchen counter wondering just what action to take and this e-mail popped into my box this morning which gave me the motivation to actually send a political e-mail for once in my life.
I find it extremely disgusting and a little offensive that radio networks refuse to air the Diamond Rio song because it is, apparently, politically incorrect when on millions of coffee cups nationwide, the following can be printed without question:
My coffee cup read as follows:
"The Way I see It #247"
"Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."
--Bill Scheel Starbucks customer from London, Ontario. He describes himself as a "modern day nobody."
Apparently, Starbucks is running a campaign where people can get on www.starbucks.com/wayiseeit and voice their opinions. Isn't that wonderful? You can actually speak your mind on a coffee cup, have it printed around the WORLD without question just because Starbucks has the following disclaimer printed on the bottom of the cup.
"Please note: The opinions put forth by contributors to “The Way I See It” do not necessarily reflect the views of Starbucks."
I'm sorry, but would it be too much to ask for record companies and radio stations to print a disclaimer that reads, "The following songs we play on the airwaves do not necessarily reflect the views of our listeners, singers, songwriters, and company workers."
That would be tough, wouldn't it? Now, I do not have anything against Starbucks. I, in fact, will not stop going there simply because an ignorant, nobody, neanderthal decides that he is going to voice his opinion where someone asked for it. I will, however, forward this message in the hopes that you all continue to say your prayers for people like Bill Scheel, record companies who are too afraid to air a song about the truth, and for Singers and songwriters to continue to write and sing about what they believe in. If I offended anyone - good. Maybe you can log onto www.starbucks.com/wayseeit and voice your opinion about a girl who is desperately missing her husband who is fighting for the right to defend his country and to protect the rights of all of the people like Bill Scheel.
Blessing to all and may all of you remember just what our country was founded on,
Erin Stock :-)
Click on the following link to hear the song or the lyrics follow.
http://www.windomnet.com/web/nls/InGodWeStillTrust.wmv
You place your hand on His bible, when you swear to tell the truth.
His name is on our greatest monuments an' all our money too.
An' when we pledge allegiance, there's no doubt where we stand:
There's no separation, we're one nation under Him.
In God, We Still Trust,
Here in America,
He's the one we turn to every time the going gets rough.
He is the source of all our strength,
The one who watches over us.
Here in America, in God, we still trust.
Instrumental break.
Now there are those among us,
Who wanna push Him out.
And erase his name from everything,
This country's all about.
From the schoolhouse to the courthouse,
They're silencing His word,
An' now it's time for all believers,
To make our voices heard.
In God, We Still Trust,
here in America,
He's the one we turn to every time the goin' gets rough.
He is the source of all our strength, the one who watches over us.
Here in America, in God, we still trust.
Here in America,
Here in America,
Here in America, in God, we still trust.
Here in America, in God, we still trust.
Here in America.
My New Language
6 years ago







1 comment:
wow, go Erin! Thanks for sharing this Keri.
Post a Comment