Monday, August 25, 2008

Hi, Hello, and Holy Moly!

I will say it again and again until I can get my regular blogging self back in order - I am sorry it has been so long and IS IT REALLY ALMOST SEPTEMBER?

I am not even sure where to start, I think I have written close to 15 blogs in my head, that never made it on here, but yet I can't remember what I was going to write cause technically I already wrote it all down - just because you didn't READ it doesn't mean I didn't write it. Catch my drift. HAHA!

Okay, so let's start with our trip to Ideeeho! Fantastically wonderful. It was blissful, relaxing, full of family, fun, laughs, naps, water, nature and other assorted blessings!
We spent a week in the mountains of McCall, ID and then a week in the "valley" of Boise, ID, of more exactly shuffling between my Gma's house in Meridian and my parents in Eagle.

In McCall we celebrated my auntie Cinda and uncle Rey's 60th bdays - with a family reunion - not the really extended, are we really blood related kind, but the aunt/uncle/cousin kind. This motely crew of now 21 (I think I counted right)...that used to be just as nuts as a crew of 12 used to get together at least once a year if not twice - pretty much until we hit high school. So we are talking lots of memories, tight family. We hadn't ALL been together since 2003. And that was a wedding so it was a little chaotic. This was 5 days of pure togetherness - four "great grandchildren" we have Anna who is 4, Peyton who will be 4 in Dec, Bo who is 2 and Bridger who is also 2 (they are 3 weeks apart) and it was so fun for the two youngest to meet and all of us, meet them!
We spent time in the boat, on the lake, coffee at Moxie, reading on the deck, lots of rock picking....very exciting sport. It was wonderful.
THANK YOU to all the "old" folks that made the trip for us possible and put it all together. I realize one day us "cousins" will be responsible for organzing these shin digs but in the mean time, you do a wonderful job!

Here is a link to all 232 pictures of our trip!!!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYs2zVw4btW4l

Down the hill....we played in a blow up pool, I learned to play the Wii (thank you Karrie) and yes it now TOPS my bday list, I tried wakeboarding for the first time (again thank you Karrie and Dan), shopped a good deal (thank you mom and gma), got a pedicure - felt so good, ate good food and took some naps. The weather was warm, but one reason we love Boise is that it COOLS down there, so we ate dinner outside most nights and could be outside most evenings without sweating!
Unfortunately, Anna got sick the last day we were there. Of course, it was her throat, fever and all swollen up - we made it home though without an ER or Urgent Care visit!

So, 2 weeks away was a long time. I think it took me a FULL week to adjust to being home. You know, sorting through mail, getting the finances all sorted out, getting the house all cleaned, laundry done, all the "new" clothes washed and put away - that is clothes for the kids....they are totally set for fall/winter! Blessing Blessing. We had lots of appt's dentist/eye dr./ENT etc.

Now that I have lost my readership....I will post a few pictures. Oh and the trip to ID...we got stuck in the Denver airport for 12hours. Yes, 12 hours. I hope to never return there again.









No comments: