Friday, August 29, 2008

Tomatoes in the Grass

Yes, I have tomatoes in my grass, and no they aren't growing anywhere near by. You see I grabbed my grocery sack out of the trunk and it broke and so the spaghetti sauce fell, shattered and hence you have an aroma of garlic and chunky bits of tomatoe (along with pieces of glass) all over the driveway.
Hmmm, you can't exactly sweep up the glass embedded in the red mess. That would ruin your broom. I took the hose, after picking up the big pieces of glass with my hand, and just hosed the tomatoes down into the grass, it at least cleared up where I could see more pieces of glass. I didn't get them all I'm sure. And there is a lingering odor even inside the garage, and I can see the tomatoes rotting in the hot afternoon sun. And now, I have something on my grocery list, just when I thought I was DONE. Not too mention wasted money. Sniff sniff. What a crock!

Speaking of, glad I was wearing my crocs, the sauce came off fairly well, only to leave a slight hint of red on the pink sole of my right shoe. Had it been any other pair, I couldn't have washed them with the hose!

Happy LONG Labor day weekend - even if gas did go up 20cents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keri Thanks for all of the info! I am sure I have a lot more to learn!! Do you guys have season tickets to TU football? we would love to go to some games together this year!!lt me know so we can plan! love carrie

Anonymous said...

Hey Keri Thanks for all of the info! I am sure I have a lot more to learn!! Do you guys have season tickets to TU football? we would love to go to some games together this year!!lt me know so we can plan! love carrie