Gosh, 48 hrs. ago I posted that He Always Understands...right now my heart is aching and I wonder, does he really understand? I know it logically. But when the ways of the world don't make sense, I can't help but ask, why does God allow things like this to happen? Why do things hurt so bad? If he feels it and understands it, why would he put himself through it...let alone us?
I was driving home tonight, from a group meeting, thinking about our dear friend Matt. His mom was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer about 3 months ago. Nothing positive has happened since her diagnosis. Today, they decided to stop treatment. She has to remain in the hospital because she can not eat, and needs to remain hooked up to a feeding tube and a drainage system. My heart has ached for them several times over the past few months. Jennifer,his wife, is 5 months pregnant with the first grandchild. Matt is torn between nights at the hospital and nights with his wife. He finds himself as the primary care giver for his mom, who is single. And so tonight, with the news, I cried long and hard, as I was alone....and through my tears a song came on.
By Casting Crowns - LORD I LIFT
Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You
Complicated circumstances have clouded his view
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
I fear that I won't have the words that he needs to hear
I pray for Your wisdom, oh God, and a heart that's sincere
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
Lord, I lift my friend to You
My best friend in the world, I know he means much more to You
I want so much to help him, but this is something he has to do
And Lord, I lift my friend up to You
'cause there's a way that seems so right to him
But You know where that leads
He's becoming a puppet of the world, too blind to see the strings
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
My friend up to You
Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You
And so I bawled some more and I was reminded that God is right here and His path is our path if we so choose. And they will get through this. And sometime in June the miracle of life will begin again. In the mean time I am powerless except in the power of prayer and so tonight, Lord, I lift my friend to you.
My New Language
6 years ago







2 comments:
you are a good friend. they are lucky to have you in their corner. it is hard to see and understand why things happen. rely on God, He will carry you through, i can tell you that from personal experience. praying for your friends. can't wait to see you this weekend
SO sorry!! I agree with Kristi, you are such a good friend!! I know that you have comforted me, You definitly have a gift with that!! I hope your friends feel comfort and love!! Sending all my best!!
Post a Comment