Saturday, January 31, 2009

So Cute



Aren't they cute? These are my parents... Tim and Karen.
My mom sent me this picture and I couldn't help but post it because they don't often take pics together. And, if they do, my dad can't help but close his eyes. And this picture depicts them to a "T" - together, in Idaho, in the snow. Other then golf, they probably couldn't think of anything else they would rather be doing (oh unless of course it involved the grand kiddos).

I'm so thankful that my parents have been married for 35yrs. I have only been alive for 30 of those. But I have a living example of how to "work it out", how to "get through it", how to "laugh", how to "cry", that "till death do us part" is possible. And it may not always seem like it, but I am watching closely to see how its all done. And no, they aren't perfect, but they are what they know. And in today's world I know that its a rare example to have, so close to my heart. So, I will take it!

In one week, we get to go to PHX for a visit, with them and my dear grandmother (dad's mom, lovingly now known as GG). And I couldn't be more excited. Every time we visit with them, here or there, we laugh, we eat the best food (my dad's grilling ROCKS), the kids play and play and play, there is a lot of coffee drinking and usually a mani/pedi session. Best of all there is just QT. I look forward to every moment of time together. I admit I wish we were skiing, Christmas 09 we will be, and I wish my brother and Erin were going to be there, Christmas 09 they will be. But, nonetheless, we are super excited about the airplane, the airport and seeing Grandma, Granddad and GG!!! And Jake of course is excited about all the golf in Feb!

I feel likes it Christmas again, the anticipation of the trip. (even if I do sleep on a couch, haha). Thanks mom and dad for having us out, we can't wait. And thanks for being you.
They may hate that we are in OK, but they are also the ones that told my brother and me that the best thing for us was to go AWAY to college. They just didn't think Id stay that far away. Oh well, gives them some place ELSE to travel too. HAHA!

1 comment:

Grandma/Mom/Karen said...

Thanks for your wonderful compliments. Parents are just people and definitley not perfect. We learn (sometimes) as we go along. We were blessed with a wonderful daughter and son, who in turn have married wonderful people. And then there's my Grankids.....:) should I say more!!! I love them to pieces. Once a parent always a parent and know one told me it gets more difficult the older they get-into adulthood and beyond! I think you forgot my words when picking a college..."you'll marry someone from OK and stay there" and guess what!
LOVE< MOM