"Mommy, I love school."
"I'm glad sweetie. What's your favorite part?"
"Maya, Mckenna and Ella R."
"Oh, well, what about Library, or Motor Room, or Letters? Do you like that part?"
"Its good, but I don't miss it, just Maya."
Insert a couple of minutes....
"Mommy, we need to go to Noah's house."
"Yes, we do (thinking, is there a Noah at school? or is she talking about Noah from church...its been awhile since we've seen Noah H. is she seriously missing him?)
"I love Noah and Ian is fun too"
(Its confirmed, its Noah H., from church, how sweet)
Me - "Hopefully we are all well now and can go to church Sunday and you can see him."
"But I like his HOUSE."
"I will talk to Miss Jenni."
"Today?"
"Maybe...."
"Mommy, JD too. I love him and NEED to see him" (another Boy Friend at church) (mind you there are NO Girl Friends at church).
Laughing, I answer "He loves and misses you too" "I talked to Miss Connie and they want to see us." (thinking and if JD could, he would ask your dad for your hand in marriage NOW!) ha!
"Today?"
"No, not today"
"When? I need to see Ian, Noah and JD. But not JDs Other brothers."
"I thought you liked Caleb and Nate"
"I do but thats too many people"
"I see."
"Mommy, can we go on a bike ride?"
"Yes, lets go on a bike ride."
ITs OK. It is 60 today and sunny. Likely to be 20 and snowing tomorrow.
As for dates with the boys, its a must.
And school - well I think she really loves it all.
The conversation - had me in stitches.
The truth - ask Connie about JDs stories and inquiries about Anna - he really does think he is marrying Anna, and at the age of 5 - they are even having babies and living in big houses. Fine by me. He plans to give her flowers. A mother couldn't hope for more.
Bike ride - we are on our way.
My New Language
6 years ago







3 comments:
Love this...It is starting already. Dang boys.
Oh, and I SO hoped that Noah had a chance with that Anna!! That is the sweetest conversation from the MOST adorable young lady! Noah is SO not like JD in his love for the ladies (even though he still talks very affectionately about that Anna)--Noah already announced that at his 5th birthday that the only girls that were allowed to attend were the mommy girls (I keep encouraging the more appropriate "woman" term). Now, Ian, on the other hand is definitely a lady charmer. If things don't work out with JD, what does Anna think about a younger man? All that said, you guys should come over SOON!!
Well...Jake better watch out for JD..he's already stealing kisses...
Post a Comment