Did you see the Miss America pageant? Miss Oklahoma's introduction summed it up nicely...she spoke of how quickly our weather can change. Sorry, can't remember the line exactly.
I will say that I am beginning to wonder if these quick changes in weather are what are responsible for my ongoing battle with some kind of illness or another. This weekend a sneaky cold of sorts got me. Yesterday, I had no voice. Today, it returned but with a cough. Seriously, enough is enough.
Speaking of weekends...I was OUT AND ABOUT. Friday night was our church's women's mini-retreat at Embassy Suites. Our SS class did OTB for dinner before and then we listened to my AMAZING friend Connie share her "Trash to Treasure" testimony with us. The party continued on with with lots of good stories, laughs and advice - just a bunch of girly stuff (yes, moms have slumber parties, we just do it at a hotel!) and we stayed up till 2am!
After some bfast, a workshop and goodbyes, Mrs. Perry and I snuck in a mani/pedi before returning home. Shhh, I don't think our men know about this. We arrived in time for lunch and naps. Perfect. Woke up, showered, kissed the kin goodbye and I was off again.
Same group of gals, this time Miss America was calling - please see my friend Kristi's post (bottom right, "a little hope from OK" for pics and complete details). It was serious business. Oh what a hoot. Just what my spirits needed.
Man, by Sunday I was exhausted and revived and IN LOVE with the man of the hour/month who watched, took care of, fed, bathed, loved and let me do all this. Can I get an Amen?!
Now, for the kicker...I can't help but think that God is pulling my leg a little, you know for my time "away". For here we are, in the midst of an ice storm. It started at noon...just a trickle of rain. Here at 10:41pm we have a full sheet of ice out there, no school tomorrow and if I was a bettin' woman, no activities Wed.
So all that time away equals lots of QT inside for the next 48hrs or so. Yahoo!
We are better prepared this time, 300 are already without power. We have wood, full tanks of gas, a weeks worth of groceries and a new Bob the Builder movie (essential).
One of the many reasons I love OK - I can get a dose of spring on a Friday, wearing my short sleeve shirt. Wake up Monday to a winter storm warning, and go to bed to the sound of frozen rain hitting my skylight.
Um, I will have all you out there, from all phases of my life that have been nudging me to get on face book...I tried and it rejected me. I kid you not, a screen popped up and said, "your name is rejected". Um, excuse me?!
So, I had to write an email to tech support and haven't heard a thing. So far, not impressed.
I leave you now, to go snuggle in my WARM bed with visions of a stir crazy house come 11am tomorrow (that's when I will run out of tricks).
Be safe if you are here in T-Town.
My New Language
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment