Friday, January 16, 2009

Tis My Duty




I am sure there is a lot of people wondering why it is "Tea Time" at Starbucks...aren't they supposed to sell coffee?

Yes, they are, and yes they do. But for whatever reason we are supposed to push tea.
So, on that note, of all the new Tea Lattes, I have found a favorite with slight modification and wanted to share.

The LONDON FOG TEA LATTE - NO WATER, MADE WITH SOY.
Now, it is made with Vanilla syrup - and depending on the size depends on how many squirts of syrup. I actually don't get any syrup and it is so good. The soy has a vanilla flavor already. If you do get syrup I would recommend half the pumps.
So, for a tall 1 1/2 pumps, for a Grande 2 and a Venti 2 1/2. YUM! With NO syrup Its still very vanilla tasting without being so sweet as some things are with syrup and less calories.

Something else I learned (its made with Earl Grey tea, which is caffeinated)...if you need no caffeine, did you know that you can decaffeinate any tea bag on your own. A bag of tea loses its caffeine in the first 60-90 seconds its steeped. so steep it in water for 60-90 seconds, pour out the liquid and start again and now you have decaf.
Happy tea drinking!

2 comments:

sfitz said...

I am loving that you're blogging so regularly! I love reading everything you have to say. And that is some really helpful info about the tea, I never knew that. I often want decaf, and now I can! Thanks Keri!

Oh, and this is my new (but old) blog address that I'm writing on now. Much easier than the .Mac.

Heather said...

Love that I know a Barista (sp?)!!! Makes me feel that much cooler!!
Just had a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate today. So yummy!! It felt so good on my sore throat!! I am going to have to try the teas!! Sound so yummy!!