Sunday, June 3, 2007

Finally!

I know, FINALLY! That is what you are saying...Oye vei is about all I can say. Most of you know the rounds of what has plagued me for the last 2 weeks now. As my "drama" or shall we say "trauma" started Sunday, May 20 - and here we are, June 3.

First I can't go any further without saying THANK YOU to Sarah Coffin, Connie Johnson, and Christi Perry who either watched our kids (during daylight hours, or in the wee hours of the morning while we were in the ER), held my hand for my tests and then there are my ID friends Kristen and Karrie who have smothered me with emails and phone calls of concern, alerting me that I am not far from their thoughts....both Jake's and my Family and their calls, concern, offers for help etc. etc.
I have received and felt prayer from friends and family and I feel so blessed for the hands that have been placed upon me an my family the last two weeks. Having a headache is no fun, having a migraine is worse, having a migraine with two kids for two weeks is even WORSER and yes, I just used the word WORSER. Mostly because I can't think of a word that does justice to the way I felt.
Just to provide an update, for those that I haven't had a chance to speak to, this past Th night, 05/31 - the first day I went without a headache, I ended the day with a migraine. The new meds I had received the week before via the ER and my Dr. were not even touching the pain or the nausea. By 10pm Jake was on the phone with the Dr. who basically said go to the ER, she couldn't do anything more. (Enter Connie who came to "watch" my sleeping children). The ER did nothing more than make me groggy, but it got me through until the next morning. Their three shots of Toradol, Benadryl and Corisene didn't even touch this headache. First thing Friday I went to my chiropractor for some heavy duty accupuncture, ice/stem and adjustment which, in 5 min. produced more relief then the ER stint. I then followed that with another trip to my Dr. where we found out she had ordered an MRI for me earlier in the week but what I had gotten (which if anyone had asked I could've confirmed) was a CTSCAN. Enter Director of Practice - yes a big wig. Long story short, CTSCAN is free - just for fun, "Keri your head has nothing growing in it, yeah!". And now, I mean NOW you will go get an MRI, you are on "Stat" and we will have results no later then Tuesday. One more shot of Toradol in the left butt cheek, one shot of Kenalog in the right, a prescription for Phenegren and Loratab and I was on my way (Nurse Carrie Prince, please forgive my mispellings of all these meds).
Friday was a day spent with Dr.'s and in big machines with lots of noise and claustrophobic feelings, however I was taken care of "stat" and what we hope is that sometime in this coming week the MRI will give us a hint as to what is going on. In the mean time, my Phenegren and Loratab are keeping me pain free (since Friday night). I fight drowsiness and loopiness but it beats pain and I am stretching it to almost 6hrs before I need a dose....and I am so thankful that there is something that FINALLY took the pain away. If you haven't ever had a headache or migraine I just can't describe it. It is annoying, painful, everything from sound to light, to food and smells bothers you - again, thank God, literally, for drugs. And of course for his mighty hand for giving me peace!!!
So, that may be more than you want to know but at least you are up to date. I have done little else then attempt to keep my children clean, fed and happy (throughout the last week), sleep when I could, and work what little I could. That was IT! I hope this week proves to be less exciting in a medical sort of way and more exciting in a living life sort of way!
I won't close without some pics, first of all, go ahead and gasp that yes, tonight at 1 year, 1 month and some days old we finally brushed Bo's teeth for the first time. Seriously, he only has 8 of them, 4 of which are new in the last month, and so it just dawned on me. Jake says that is why we all have two sets, just in case our parents never brush the first set. ha!
A picture of my boys from last weekend at Shelley's house,
one of my niece and Bo playing the piano and then a pic of Anna playing in the sprinkler last night. Hugs to all and to all a good night!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

The pic of Bo getting his teeth brushed is priceless! There is so much joy on that little face. Hugs to him and you and little Anna.